Hard rock/glam rock from Germany, latest EP album released in 2011.
The end of 2011 brought with a special treat to glam rock fans, super group Shameless released what is being called the 15 song EP called Dial S for Sex.
Originally formed in April of 1989 by bass player Alexx "Skunk" Michael, Shameless features many different and talented artists from the hard rock scene of the 80's and early 90's. Musicians from Kiss, Tuff, Pretty Boy Floyd, Big Bang Babies, Stryper, L.A. Guns, Warrant and Guns and Roses have all contributed to Shameless.
The new CD comes packed with 15 tracks which are as follows:
1. Innocence is No Excuse - Stevie Rachelle of Tuff sings on this song about breaking up.
2. Hot & Cold - Made famous by Katy Perry, this song gets the Shameless cover treatment with the amazing vocals of Stevie Summers from Pretty Boy Floyd
3. Summertime Goodbye - Originally recorded by Tuff, Stevie Rachelle rerecords this one with Shameless regulars Alexx Micheal, B.C. Kerri Kelli and lead guitar work from W.A.S.P.'s Chris Holmes.
4. Live 4 Today - Sung by Stevie Rachelle this fun song is about moving on and forgetting the things that have hurt you in the past.
5. Always on My Mind - Originally sung by Brenda Lee, and then covered by such artists as Elvis Presley, Willie Nelson and the Pet Shop Boys. Shameless does the rock take with it with Stevie Summers on vocals.
The next six songs are new recordings of songs from "Splashed" the third album that Shameless released.
6. Love The Way (You Make Me Sick)
7. Don't Hesitate
8. U & I
10. Toy Human
11. Goodbye 2 U
The CD finishes off with some special touches.
12. Far Away - Found in the Shameless vaults this Pretty Boy Floyd song was never released in this format. This is a special version with B.C. on guitar, Stevie Summers on vocals and the late Jani Lane on backup vocals.
13. Hot & Cold - This time with vocals by Lauren Breen
14. Summertime (reprise) - Slightly different guitar work
15. Happy Birthday To You - The birthday song clocking in at 24 seconds.
This CD would definitely enhance any glam rock lovers collection. The music, vocal style and lyrics hearken back to the sounds of the late 80's early 90's. While this came out at the very end of 2011, I am going to make this really a 2012 release and state that the bar has been set. Any other CD that comes out this year will have to beat the love I currently have for this one.